Met Mr Ponnusamy
Re: I can think of one person .... -- kayes Post Reply Top of thread Forum
Posted by: geetee
08/02/2008, 12:40:11

by chance earlier this week. Never heard of him before but recalled Kayes mentioning it here and so I asked the nice senior gentleman. Mr Ponnusamy is 75 years old, a retired Medical Assistant keenly interested in Taiping's history, as well as Hon secretary of the Taiping Heritage Society. He has allowed me to give out his contact no. which is 013-387 8830. So, over to you Ieyka.

Mr Ponnusamy has also compiled and printed a small booklet of newpaper clippings of his "Letters to the Editor" all of which contain snippets of information on Taiping and its history. Although he gives the booklet out to friends FOC, it would certainly assist this knowledgeable and friendly retiree by contributing RM3.50 per copy towards his costs if anyone should get a copy from him.

And to Shirley Liu who asked how Burmese Pool got its name, earlier on in this forum, Mr Ponnusamy said that it was named after a British army unit called the Burma Rifles which used to either camp or train there in the early days.

Rgds
geetee

Post Reply | | Where am I? Original Top of thread   |   | Current page